1. HSE has announced that, as from April 2009 CAPITA will be taking over from CORGI as administrators of the gas safety registration scheme.
2. Examiners are unhappy with the BSS code of conduct not giving them the right of access to an owner’s boat following a complaint.
3. The new BSS IT scheme is not now expected to come into operation until 2009.
4. The Technical committee’s next meeting will be considering the following :
- Amendment of the BSS LPG gas tightness test to agree a test incorporating an
- allowable pressure drop across the system.
- A simplified test along the lines of the CORGI test for flame failure devices.
- LPG cylinder locker condition is being addressed in the latest advisory note issued by BSS.
- GET-U-HOME diesel injection hoses: There are expected to be amendments to the existing tests.
5. The draft Code of Practice for the installation and operation of Solid Fuel Stoves in boats has been circulated to user groups.
6. The Green Blue initiative has been updated arising out of the Water Framework Directive and is now available from RYA.
AWCC Rep. on BSSAC RED DIESEL